The work package will provide foresight towards 2050 on sustainable EU FNS by improving long term models:
- To develop a work plan for operationalizing the framework for assessing EU SFNS (WP1, 2 to 4) in a quantitative toolbox (SUSFANS), with a focus on two major food supply chains; (WP5), which links enhanced European and global economic and biophysical models, including short term models (WP8), and micro models of EU balanced diets (WP7);
- To improve food demand modelling at the household level, building on WP2 and WP7;
- To develop the modelling of food supply, building on WP4;
- To enhance the modelling of the food chain, building on WP3;
- Building on task 1-4, to create the SUSFANS toolbox for assessing EU SFNS. The toolbox enables the consistent monitoring of EU SFNS in the short, medium and long term (up to 50 years) for use by case studies (WP5), foresight (WP11) and policy support (WP11).